Technical Cluster Lead, Cash and Voucher and Social Protection Expert (m/f/*)
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of the largest humanitarian network in the world. No matter what we do and where we operate, we are committed to the seven Red Cross principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
At the GRC Headquarter in Berlin you will help shape the future orientation of the DRK e.V. as a national Red Cross Society and umbrella organisation of independent welfare work. Every day, you contribute to ensuring that people in Germany and around the world receive help – according to the degree of need.
Technical Cluster Lead, Cash and Voucher and Social Protection Expert (m/f/d)
The employment is full-time. The employment offer is initially limited to 31.05.2023.
In the division „International Cooperation“ and the department “Knowledge and Innovation” you will be leading the Cash Team for GRC. You and your small technical cluster will be technically supporting National Societies in their cash-based operations, strengthening technical capacities and bring qualitative cash assistance to scale. You will be identifying potentials and ways for connecting humanitarian assistance with national social protection systems and promote its use within the humanitarian system.
Your portfolio covers but not exclusively:
- Ensure the provision of high quality technical and advisory services in Cash and Voucher-based Assistance to support response and resilience programmes in Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Asia and Europe through the actions of our Red Cross and Red Crescent partners;
- Provide guidance to your technical cluster (2 experts)
- To support mainstreaming of cash-based assistance into National Societies through high quality field and GRC Office work, working with National Societies to build up their expertise in cash delivery and cash readiness;
- Operational field support and technical input at all stages (identification, evaluation, analysis, design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation) in GRC CVA programmes, including training of staff and volunteers; • Support and advice for GRC and partners, staff and volunteers (face-to-face and remote);
- Close coordination with technical colleagues within the Red Cross/Red Crescent Movement and representation of GRC in all CVA and Social protection related topics;
- Strategic advise to Senior Management for continuing institutionalising CVA in GRC;
- Donor Communication in regard to CVA;
- Ensuring a qualitative MEAL system;
- Integration of new technology developments / initiatives and research (e.g. blockchain, peer-to-peer payments, digital identity management, etc.);
- Experience of supporting or implementing multi-sectoral and sectoral cash-based assistance and market-based interventions in relief and recovery contexts;
- Experience of working with local partners, building their capacity in Information Management and data handling
- Experience in Information Management and Data Management including collection, storing, processing, and analysing data to generate information products
- Experience with data collection tools such as ODK/Kobo • Experience with integrated data management tools such Red Rose
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures
- Understanding of data protection and data responsibility in humanitarian action and ability to formulate data security technical requirements
- Experience with handling confidential data
- University degree in relevant areas
- At least 5+ years experience leading and influencing the uptake of different aspects of CVA design and implementation (i.e. CVA feasibility assessments, market analysis, response design including setting targeting criteria, transfer values and delivery mechanisms, encashment, and monitoring) and in developing CVA responses that are inclusive and gender sensitive
- Experience working within the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement
- Proven skills in Emergency Needs Assessment, Practical Cash in Emergencies, Market Assessment and Analysis and/or equivalent Trainings
- Availability for ad-hoc travels to various regions and contexts
- Diplomatic and advocacy skills, strong networker and dot-connecter
- Fluent in spoken and written English, German and another language is desired
- A challenging and responsible assignment in a rewarding environment
- A space for your professional and personal development within an experienced and dedicated team
- Fair working conditions according to union agreement:
- Remuneration according to remuneration group 12
- 30 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Health benefit scheme
- A pleasant working environment with a green courtyard and a canteen
As an employer, the principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are a special obligation for us. We welcome applications from people regardless of ethnic, social and national origin, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
Please send your application documents by 06.06.2021 !
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz e.V. – Generalsekretariat
Wir freuen uns, wenn Sie sich in Ihrer Bewerbung auf Talents4Good beziehen. Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuchen Sie bitte karriere-beim-drk.de.