Major Donor, Corporate and Foundation Fundraiser (m/f/*)
Who we are
Hand in hand helps women beat the odds and succeed as entrepreneurs. The money they earn and the confidence they gain changes everything. Whole families and communities rise with them. Since 2003, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, we’ve helped 3.5 million women launch small businesses that can stand the test of time. Some are smallholder farmers learning to stand up to climate change. Some are refugees starting a new life after running from conflict. Others are young women and girls with few opportunities starting to dream – and plan – for the future.
The Hand in Hand network spans operations in Afghanistan, East Africa, India and Zimbabwe, many with satellite operations of their own. Three more offices in Sweden, the US and the UK provide support such as fundraising, program management, technical advice and donor relations. We have seen strong growth in the past two years – in the UK alone by 52% from 2019 to 2021.
Major Donor, Corporate and Foundation Fundraiser (m/f/*)
in Berlin, freelance Position, as soon as possible
We currently employ a Senior Institutional Fundraiser in Berlin, Germany. This new vacancy would be our second employee in the country and focus on raising funds in the DACH region. We have recently registered as a Foerderverein in Germany and this freelance position would transform to a permanent, full time position as soon as possible.
We have formed a Board of Trustees for Hand in Hand Germany, chaired by Harald Christ. Other Board and founding members offer high levels of expertise and experience from high profile organizations in finance, international development and recruitment.
Position overview & key responsibilities
Our programs have already enjoyed the support of a wide range of international multinationals and governments donors, such as Visa, Johnson & Johnson and Swedish, Danish, German and US government agencies. This already includes Swiss and German organizations (e.g. GIZ, Bosch Foundation, Cafod, and UBS Optimus Foundation). To extend our foothold in the DACH region even further, we are looking for an experienced Major Donor, Corporate and Foundation Fundraiser to join our team. You want:
- Identify, prospect and approach new major donor / corporate / foundation funders in the DACH region and the EU, converting these from prospects to secured funds – with a strong initial focus on Afghanistan, Tanzania and Kenya. You will outline a 2-year donor outreach strategy as one of your first assignments.
- Lead proposals from concept through to submission, coordinating inputs from Hand in Hand International and network colleagues, draft technical inputs, and engage with funders.
- Nurture and develop relationships with existing DACH based corporate and foundation donors, communicating with donors regularly, and sharing key information about their projects in between reporting periods.
- Build effective and impactful relationships with network members, most notably, Hand in Hand East Africa and Hand in Hand Afghanistan.
- Represent hand in hand at relevant industry events and engage with peer organizations in the DACH region to facilitate implementation partnerships across our operating countries, with a focus on Afghanistan and Tanzania.
- You will travel frequently to meet with donors in the DACH region and visit Hand in Hand projects on site in the focus countries, as well as our other country offices (eg London).
- Work with the board to explore and approach their networks via meetings and events.
- You are an experienced fundraiser with longstanding experience in securing funds from major donors / corporates / foundations in the DACH region.
- You have significant experience securing six / seven donations using your skills in proposal management, project design and proposal writing.
- You have previous experience engaging directly with large donors, both in person and via written reports.
- Ideally you have exposure to developing proposals for livelihoods and women’s economic empowerment programmes, especially within a humanitarian context.
- Ideally you also have exposure to fundraising from Mittelstand companies.
- It would be advantageous if you possess a good understanding of development challenges and debates linked to enterprise and job creation, as well as experience of vulnerable/ conflict countries.
- Your written and oral German communication skills are outstanding, and you are comfortable working in an English-speaking environment.
- You are a creative, innovative thinker with a positive and resilient personality.
- You enjoy the ability to work autonomously and are able to identify needs and act upon them with minimal supervision.
- You pay strong attention to details and have the ability to effectively prioritize between competing deadlines and objectives.
- You have excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, with the ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners, across cultures and different working environments.
What we offer
- Taking part in growing the Hand in Hand international network by being the organization’s second representative in Germany.
- A freelance position with the prospect of permanent employment in Germany as soon as we have established Hand in Hand as an employer.
- Being part of a stable and growing organization. You can see our (UK) annual accounts reported here and we are currently working towards our 2026 strategic plan goals.
- We are a lean, nimble team, excited by innovation. Got an idea? Let’s try it – no suffocating bureaucracy here.
- Working with our programs offers the opportunity to impact people’s lives at scale, across multiple themes such as livelihoods, women’s economic empowerment, and climate change.
- Our flat structure encourages work across teams and functions, from fundraising and program management to communications and events.
- We offer a family-friendly working environment, with sector-leading parental leave policies.
- Working in an international team with a close working relationship to your colleagues and manager at Hand in Hand International in London, where you will be most welcome for your onboarding process.
Please send your CV, and a covering email (500 words or less) including day rates/ salary expectations and availability, as well as your earliest possible starting date to Joe Dyson [email protected]ternational.org, using German Major and Corporate Fundraiser application as your subject line.
Please note that you will be subject to safeguarding checks.
We believe diversity drives innovation and excellence. Hand in Hand International is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
For general inquiries, please contact Joe Dyson, [email protected].Mehr Informationen finden Sie unter http://www.handinhandinternational.org
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen an email@example.com