Grants Writer (m/f/d)
The environmental and human rights organization urgewald, based in Münsterland, Germany, is looking for a dedicated and capable employee to support the management in writing grant applications and reports as well as in maintaining regular communication with funding bodies.
Without loans, insurances and other investments, no coal-fired power plant, dam or pipeline will be built. Urgewald makes the financing of environmental destruction and human rights violations visible and names those responsible. „Follow the Money“ is the strategic approach of our campaigns. We target precisely the Achilles heel of these projects: the money. Urgewald has been following the money trail behind such projects since 1992. We give a voice to those affected. We make sure that displaced small farmers, activists against cluster bombs, opponents of nuclear power and climate advocates from all over the world are heard at shareholder meetings, press conferences and in the boardrooms of German and international companies and banks. If that is not enough, we mobilize at the grassroots with protest and consumer campaigns. Urgewald is a non-profit environmental and human rights organization. Our headquarters are in Sassenberg and we have an office in Berlin.
Grants Writer (m/f/d)
in Sassenberg (Münsterland) – remote work negotiable, Full-Time (30 – 38,5 hrs.), for the next possible date
You will support the management in writing grant applications and reports as well as in maintaining regular communication with funding bodies. Work location is Sassenberg, but for part of the time you can work from home. Urgewald is a non-profit organization that generates its funds through donations. More than half of our budget is granted by foundations. This requires writing new proposals on a regular basis and reporting to the foundations, mostly on a semi-annual basis. At the beginning you will focus on writing reports according to the respective funder’s protocol. You will be in charge of creating and maintaining Urgewald funding report schedule, including due dates and prescribed formats. You will gather the necessary factual content from various colleagues and adjust it linguistically as needed, but you will also write report passages and whole modules independently. In the future you will also work on our grant proposals. You will work closely with the management to find out when follow-up applications are necessary and which new foundations we want to work on. Here, too, you will be responsible for checking the necessary format for each respective application, for incorporating the draft texts from the management or other colleagues and making language adjustments as needed. Once you are familiar with the specifications of the individual foundations, you will also write portions of each grant application by yourself. Last but not least, you will keep in regular touch with the various foundations that fund our work and send relevant updates and milestones over to them. You will keep them informed on our latest achievements and establish a long-term relationship of transparency and trust. To do so, you will interface with Urgewald’s media team as well as with the researchers and campaigners who are involved in the particular projects. You will exercise good judgment about what constitutes a worthwhile update, and you will coordinate the messaging with our communications officers, who will also provide you with media materials to send along with your message.
- You have excellent English and good German skills, written as well as spoken
- You enjoy writing and communicating
- Strategic thinking is one of your strong suits
- You plan your time efficiently and prioritize tasks reliably
- You are easily reachable when working in your home office
What We Offer
- You have the opportunity to support a professional and successful environmental and human rights organization to continue to put pressure on investors, banks and politicians and to drive economic change.
- Our Urgewald team in Sassenberg and Berlin is friendly and open-minded. We work in flat hierarchies with fast decision-making processes.
- You can work flexibly and independently, including home-office days and balancing out work-intensive phases.
- The position is initially limited to two years, with the aim of subsequent permanent employment.
- Payment according to Urgewald salary model; social and responsibility bonus; annual experience bonus as well as additional offers such as an ethically oriented company pension scheme.
Does this sound like the job for you? Apply! Please send the following information to [email protected] :
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing sample in English that is appropriate to the job description
You can find more information at https://www.urgewald.org/english
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen an email@example.com