Senior Communicator and Fundraiser (m/f/*)
The environmental and human rights organization Urgewald e.V., based in Münsterland, Germany, is looking for a dedicated and capable employee for the role of a Senior Communicator for our international fundraising work. The main tasks involved are to support the management in writing grant applications and reports as well as donor relationship management through maintaining regular communication with funding bodies.
Senior Communicator and Fundraiser (m/f/*)
in Sassenberg (Münsterland) or Cologne, Full-/Part-Time (30 – 38.5 hours/week), as soon as possible
partially remote work is possible
Without loans, insurances and other investments, no coal-fired power plant, dam or pipeline will be built. Urgewald exposes the financing of environmental destruction and human rights violations and names those responsible. „Follow the Money“ is the strategic approach behind our campaigns. We target precisely the Achilles heel of these projects: the money. Urgewald has been following the money trail behind such harmful projects since 1992. We give a voice to affected communities. We make sure that displaced small farmers, activists against cluster bombs, opponents of nuclear power and climate advocates from all over the world are heard at shareholder meetings, press conferences and in the boardrooms of German and international companies and banks. If that is not enough, we mobilize at the grassroots with protest and consumer campaigns. Urgewald is a non-profit environmental and human rights organization. Our headquarters are in Sassenberg, and we have offices in Berlin and Cologne.
The Senior Communicator will directly support Urgewald’s top management in writing grant applications and reports as well as in maintaining regular communication with funding bodies.
Place of work is Sassenberg or Cologne, but you can work remotely some of the time. The position encompasses 30 – 38.5 hours per week.
Urgewald is a non-profit organization that generates its funds through donations. More than half of our budget consists of grants by various foundations. This requires writing new proposals on a regular basis and reporting to the foundations, mostly on a semi-annual basis. At the beginning you will focus on writing reports according to the respective funder’s protocol. You will be in charge of creating and maintaining Urgewald’s funding report schedule, including due dates and prescribed formats. You will gather the necessary factual content from various colleagues and adjust it linguistically as needed, but you will also write report passages and whole modules independently.
In the future you will also work on our grant proposals. You will work closely with the management to find out when follow-up applications are necessary and which new foundations we want to work on. Here, too, you will be responsible for checking the necessary format for each respective application, for incorporating the draft texts from management or other colleagues and making language adjustments as needed. Once you are familiar with the specifications of the individual foundations, you will also write portions of each grant application by yourself.
Last but not least, you will keep in regular touch with the various foundations that fund our work and send relevant updates and milestones over to them. You will keep them informed on our latest achievements and establish a long-term relationship of transparency and trust.
To do so, you will interface with Urgewald’s media team as well as with the researchers and campaigners who are involved in the particular projects. You will exercise good judgment about what constitutes a worthwhile update, and you will coordinate the messaging with our communications officers who will also provide you with media materials to send along with your message.
- You have native-level English and good German skills, written as well as spoken
- You enjoy writing and communicating
- Strategic thinking is one of your strong suits
- You plan your time efficiently and prioritize tasks reliably
- You are easily reachable when working remotely
What We Offer
- You have the opportunity to support a professional and successful environmental and human rights organization in continuing to put pressure on investors, banks and politicians and in driving economic change.
- Our Urgewald team is friendly and open-minded. We work in flat hierarchies with fast decision-making processes.
- You can work flexibly and independently, including remote working days and balancing out work-intensive phases.
- The position is initially limited to two years, with the aim of subsequent permanent employment.
- Payment according to the Urgewald salary model:
- annual experience bonus
- social and responsibility bonus
- additional benefits, such as a job ticket, discounts on a gym membership, and an ethical “deep green” company pension scheme.
Does this sound like the job for you? Apply!
Please send the following information to [email protected]:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Writing sample in English that is appropriate to the job description
Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbungsunterlagen an firstname.lastname@example.org