Funded Programmes Officer (m/f/*) at UWC International
Job Title: Funded Programmes Officer
Basis of appointment: Full-time (38.5 hours per week)
Duration of contract: 3 years, possibly extendible
Reports to: Funded Programmes Coordinator
Location: London (UK) or Berlin (Germany)
Fee: £28,000 London or €40,000 Berlin
UWC International is looking for a full-time Funded Programmes Officer to join its Advancement Team and provide administrative support in the management of scholarship programmes for young people to attend UWC schools, including two new funded programmes. The new programmes are a EU-funded scholarship programme in Cyprus, which will benefit secondary school students from the Turkish Cypriot and Greek Cypriot communities, and the RISE-UWC Initiative, a new partnership with Schmidt Futures’ and the Rhodes Trust’s RISE programme, which will focus on offering education opportunities to refugee youth.
The Funded Programmes Officer will provide support in the back office of the coordination and management of these two programmes, including reporting, stewardship and the day-to-day administration.
The position will be on a full-time basis, equivalent to 38.5 hours per week, starting as soon as possible. The duration of the contract will be for three years, with the option of renewal.
The candidate can choose whether they wish to be based out of UWC International’s Office in London, UK, or Berlin, Germany. The Funded Programmes Officer will report to the Funded Programmes Coordinator and will interact on a regular basis with other representatives of UWC International and UWC constituents.
UWC is a global family of schools with a powerful difference. With a shared goal of working towards global peace and sustainability, we bring together young people from around the world to study in one of our 18 schools on four continents. There they don’t just learn how to be great at passing exams. They learn how to communicate across cultural boundaries. They develop the skills to be a changemaker. They design and engage in initiatives that transform their lives and the lives of those around them for the better. And they stay a “UWC-er” for life, becoming part of a global community of over 60,000 changemakers transforming the lives of others.
Philanthropy and Funded Programmes at UWC International
At the heart of UWC’s mission is the belief that education should be independent of one’s socio-economic background. This is why UWC runs the world’s largest scholarship programme in international secondary education, with over 80% of students selected by UWC national committees receiving a scholarship.
For this reason, Philanthropy is a core function at UWC International, and it includes the management and running of funded programmes, which also entail donor stewardship with a focus on providing regular scholar updates to our donors. As a way to promote long-term engagement and high-value interactions with donors, donor stewardship primarily focuses on honoring the gift’s intentions. As a matter of fact, good stewardship of existing donors has proven to be the most effective way of ensuring that we receive a gift in the future, making the management of these relationships a crucial part of the job, which the Funded Programmes Officer will play a major role in.
The Funded Programmes Officer will be part of UWC International’s Advancement Team, which is in charge of Fundraising, Communications and Community Engagement. As the Advancement Team works closely with colleagues at all 18 UWC schools, as well as with staff members and volunteers of the over 155 UWC national committees, the Funded Programmes Officer will also become part of a much bigger and global team.
- Support the Funded Programmes Coordinator with regard to the day to day management of the UWC Cyprus Programme, the RISE-UWC Initiative and other funded programmes
- General programme administrative tasks, such as responding to queries from UWC schools and national committees, and coordinating reporting from UWC schools
- Ensure the efficient capture and retrieval of accurate records by reviewing information shared by UWC schools and national committees, creating and updating profiles on the database of scholarship recipients
- Support the development of programme resources and building content in relation to agreed objectives of the funding partner
- Support the monitoring, evaluating, continuous improvement of the funded programmes and report on progress
- Coordinate closely with the other members of the project management teams for the UWC Cyprus Programme and the RISE-UWC Initiative
- Organise meetings among relevant stakeholders of funded programmes
- Support the financial management of spending and delivery of the UWC Cyprus Programme and the RISE-UWC Initiative
Experience and skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast pace environment while keeping attention to detail and being reliable and responsive
- Excellent IT skills, including a good working knowledge of Google Suite and ideally the use of CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge
- Experience and willingness to carry out a range of administrative and office tasks, including expenditure
- Excellent team player, with a commitment to working in a collaborative and inclusive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills in relationship building to maintain and develop excellent relationships with a range of stakeholders such as volunteers, donors, and partners
- Sensitivity to the needs of different stakeholders such as volunteers, donors, and partners with an awareness of cross-cultural understanding
- Proven attention to detail for reporting purposes including proficiency in numbers
- Proficiency in English, UWC’s working language
- Experience of working in a similar role with stewardship, relationship building and management (desirable)
Please send your CV (max 2 pages) with a cover letter (max 2 pages) that relates your experience to the requirements of the role and the names and contact details of two referees to email@example.com.
Deadline to receive applications: 09:00am GMT on Wednesday, 25 November 2020
Interviews will take place week commencing: Week commencing 7 December 2020Mehr Informationen finden Sie unter http://www.uwc.org