Senior Officer, Programme Development (m/f/*) at UWC International
Job Title: Senior Officer, Programme Development (fixed-term contract for 3 years)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Basis of appointment: Full-time, 3 years
Changing the world takes passion and dedication
Isn’t it time that your passion and dedication be channelled towards a career and community that genuinely changes lives?
- want to transform your own life by transforming the lives of others
- crave a career that creates opportunity for others
- desire to make dreams come true for those who never thought it possible
- know that education is the foundation from which we can change the world
- believe that today’s young people can transform tomorrow
- strive for world peace and global sustainability
- dare to dream
…then a career with UWC International could be the change you need.
UWC is a global family of schools with a powerful difference. With a shared goal of working towards global peace and sustainability, we bring together young people from around the world to study in one of our 18 schools on four continents. There they don’t just learn how to be great at passing exams. They learn how to communicate across cultural boundaries. They develop the skills to be a changemaker. They design and engage in initiatives that transform their lives and the lives of those around them for the better. And they stay a “UWC-er” for life, becoming part of a global community of over 60,000 changemakers transforming the lives of others.
Working with us will inspire and challenge you
Driving a mission to make the UWC experience available to tomorrow’s changemakers, irrespective of their background, beliefs and economic means demands colleagues with passion and dedication, and a talent for transformation. Our students go on to become leaders in politics, NGOs, social enterprises, community movements, charities, business and many other sectors. For life, they remain dedicated to the UWC mission and many of them remain in close contact with us, their school, and their peers.
Are you our new Senior Officer, Programme Development?
UWC International is seeking a motivated Senior Officer, Programme Development to support the implementation of important new scholarship programmes focused on post-conflict reconciliation and refugees. Managing these programmes will comprise a wide range of activities, including collaborating with colleagues in project countries, outreach to young people eligible for the scholarships we offer, coordinating their selection and support once they join UWC. The Senior Officer, Programme Development will interact with other UWC entities on a regular basis as well as partner organisations such as the EU and UNHCR.
This is a donor-funded role and a fixed-term contract for the duration of three years. The Senior Officer, Programme Development will be based in our office in Berlin, Germany – which currently mostly functions remotely.
- Manage the implementation of two scholarship programmes: an EU Scholarship Programme for Cypriot Youth at UWC and a refugee scholarship and preparation programme
- Build and manage processes to ensure effective delivery and initiate improvements
- Liaise with a multitude of stakeholders from the EU and UNHCR to high-level government officials and institutions as well as volunteers
- Coordinate various teams’ contributions to the donor programmes
- Work closely with UWC International’s Philanthropy team to ensure timely operational and financial reporting to the funding entity
- Ensure regular effective communication with external and internal stakeholders
- Support the development of a foundation programme for refugee scholars
- Support and coordinate promotion and outreach as well as student selection in project countries remotely
- Develop other support mechanisms for refugee students
- Supervise programme staff in project countries remotely
- Ensure effective programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Oversee programme budgets
- Facilitate the growth and development of UWC’s presence and networks in programme countries and at the regional level
- Perform any other tasks relevant to the programmes and role
- Join the Programme Development Team spread across three continents
- Report to the Head of Programme Development
Services to be provided
The Senior Officer, Programme Development will be responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of the above mentioned programmes. They will provide such services as supporting local programme delivery with effective programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting as well as coordinating and planning the PR, promotion and outreach campaigns and events. The Senior Officer, Programme Development will ensure regular effective communication with external and internal stakeholders (i.e. EU, UNHCR, UWC schools and colleges, local government officials and partner organisations in programme countries), as well as identify and develop new local partnerships. The Senior Officer, Programme Development should be willing and able to travel as needed and whenever possible given the current global COVID-19 pandemic.
Skills and experience required
- Advanced University degree (MA or equivalent or BA with additional equivalent work experience)
- Significant work experience in project and/or programme management in a relevant field, particularly in managing and supporting new programmes
- Relevant experience managing programmes that benefit young people, preferably those from a refugee, displacement or adverse background, and volunteers
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication, networking, organisational and presentation skills as well as diplomacy and tact
- Proficiency in English, UWC’s working language
- Prior experience working with refugees or in a conflict context
- Working knowledge of Greek, Swahili or Turkish would be an advantage
- Financial numeracy and strong data consolidation skills
Anyone who applies to work at UWC International in Berlin must have a work visa before starting employment, in compliance with relevant immigration rules. We place the highest value on diversity and will do our best to support your visa and work permit application, but cannot give any assurance of success to those applying without current ability to work within the EU.
Applications Process and Deadline
Please send your CV and cover letter (each of a maximum of 2 pages) that relates your experience to the requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. In your application, please provide the name, roles and contact details of two references. We will not contact them without letting you know. Please also indicate how you heard about this role.
Deadline for application: 9am on 29 November, 2020. The interviews will take place the week beginning 7, December, 2020.Mehr Informationen finden Sie unter https://www.uwc.org/