Senior Campaigner*in Germany bei WeMove Europe
WeMove Europe is an independent and values-based organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe in the name of our community, future generations and the planet. We are people from all walks of life, who call Europe our home – whether we were born in Europe or elsewhere.
Our job is to mobilise a community of almost a million people across Europe on issues that matter – including the climate emergency, migrant rights, workers rights, better governance, and more. We know this number of people also needs to grow and diversify further so we can represent a strong critical mass that can bring about change in Europe.
We work with staff in 10 countries who connect digitally every day and in person periodically.
About the Role
You are able to think and do, strategise and deliver. You love being part of fast-paced campaigning for a better Europe and can also think about the bigger strategic picture.
Most importantly you thrive in the digital world — online campaigning and innovative digital tactics not only come as second nature to you, they excite you as well. Data analysis and data driven decision-making is not a frightening concept to you, on the contrary. And if you are familiar with digital fundraising, that would be a massive added bonus.
Your tasks will include
- Co-create WeMove Europe’s European campaigns, with the Campaigns Team and Campaign Management Team
- Identify campaign opportunities and develop and lead on campaigns
- Help us understand the political dynamics in Germany by keeping connected to local movements, alternative thinking and researching policy processes within your national context as it connects to the EU level
- Write strong, compelling copy in German and tailor it to your local context
- Manage email communications with our German members, including setting up and sending emails using our online campaigning tools (Speakout and CiviCRM), and analysing data and user engagement
- You’ll analyse statistics on our member’s activities to make it easier for them to engage
- Build and maintain relations with partners in NGOs and movements in Germany and EU-wide
- Fundraise from individual donors in Germany
- Organise “offline” actions such as demonstrations, petition handovers etc.
- Work with a part-time assistant to help manage the German community
- Occasionally travel nationally and EU-wide for team meetings, retreats, stakeholder and partner meetings, and petition deliveries
- You are a digital campaigning native — comfortable with and excited by new software and online tools
- You write great copy and have great writing skills in German
- You are deeply committed to working in Germany and Europe for bold, structural change and believe in empowering the people around you to do the same
- You have experience with non-partisan political campaigning, ideally online and digital campaigning as well
- You have strong understanding of the political and social context in Germany as well as a some understanding of the European context.
- You are driven by results and crave more data, keen to run tests that are backed by statistical significance, and are always looking to improve your work
- You are fluent in English to a degree that you can work in an English-speaking environment and can translate from English into German
- You are happy with travel in Europe (we are currently not expecting staff to travel, but it will be relevant when this is possible again)
- You are comfortable with public speaking
- You look forward to working in a team where we all strive to learn from each other in order to have the biggest possible impact
The following skills are considered a bonus
- **Digital fundraising**
- Great writing skills in English
- Statistics / Data analytics
- Additional European languages
- Street actions & protests
- You are well networked nationally and regionally in activist circles
- Strong understanding of one or more other European countries, gained from personal or professional experience
Terms and conditions
- Full time position (40hrs/week); Start date as soon as possible
- A labour contract based on German labour code, starting with a 6 month probation period, followed by a permanent contract
- Salary range: Related to TVöD Bund salary scale 2018/2019, group 13, depending on experience level
- Location: Germany, preferably Berlin, but for the right candidate can be flexible.
- Working from our Berlin office, a home office or co-working space of your choice
We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace which is why people from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity; women; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are especially encouraged to apply.
We do not share the implicit belief that online campaigners necessarily have to be very young and encourage also people who left their twenties and thirties behind to apply.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send an application in English by midnight, September 20th, 2020 to email@example.com with mention of the job title in the email subject (max. 10 MB).
- motivation letter (as PDF). Please include mention of your experience with voluntary political activism, and provide contacts (name, function, e-mail, phone number) for 3 references.
- CV (as PDF). Please include your language skills in your first language, English and other languages according to a scale from A1 to C2.
Any questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recruitment consists of three steps:
- Evaluation of applications
- An online exercise for chosen candidates
- A job interview (to be held in the week starting October 5th) for those scoring best in the exercise
Please note: After confirmation of receipt, notice of the status of your application will be given at the end of the recruitment process only.Mehr Informationen finden Sie unter http://www.wemove.eu